Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Foothills Trail Orting

Continuing with the occasional non-modelling content in 72 Land, this is from last weekend's outing in the Northwest summer. This time we took the Foothills Trail in Orting, a small town south of where I live and 15-20 miles west of Mt Rainier. It is a converted rail-trail, which are great for walking or biking because they tend to be long and flat.
We had intended to make it a biking trip, but my bike decided to acquire a sticky front wheel in the offseason. So I walked while my wife and daughter biked. Mine was a 4.6 mile out-and-back on foot. You start out in the rural downtown of Orting, past some farms, and you eventually join up with the Carbon River. The last part goes by a buffalo and emu farm (only one emu was in attendance on the day I was there). A warm and sunny day on the trails, and my feet were complaining by the time I got back.


For those interested, there is a Photobucket album with the photos I shot. The link follows:

No comments:

Post a Comment