Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Freightdog Halifax set

Just a quick shot tonight to show some progress on the Revell Halifax. I bought the Freightdog improvement set (engine fronts, scoops, prop, wheels, tailwheel bay). At present I’ve gotten the main assembly done. Admittedly, nothing is going to truly fix the engine nacelles unless someone does an entire replacement wing. There was a rumor that Aeroclub was working on one, but I haven’t heard an update in a while.

Whether the set makes the Revell kit acceptable comes down to personal choice. Accuracy issues don’t typically upset me very much, though if there is a fix or an improvement for something obvious I will often try it. Thus, the Freightdog set. Here is a (not great) photo of the model with engine fronts installed, and one prop precariously balanced. It’s ok by me, but as always your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment