Total Pageviews

Friday, November 2, 2018

Fujimi/Testors Junkers Ju-87G


Today’s completion is another model that just seemed to be born under a lucky star. Everything went together as expected, there were no stupid impatience gaffes, and painting was a breeze. It helps when the original kit is extremely well-done. This is the Fujimi Ju-87G Stuka, though I believe it was in a Testors boxing.

I’ve had this kit for ages, probably going back to the 90s. I had already completed another Stuka, done in desert markings with the large snake running down the side of the fuselage. That was, I believe, a B. The G, subject of today’s completion, is distinguished mostly by the two underwing Bordkanone 3.7mm cannon pods. About the only one I haven’t done yet is the A, which MPM did a few years back. Maybe it is in my near future?

The Fujimi kit is a pleasure to build. I used an Eduard masking set, thereby avoiding the job of cutting each of the many window panels individually. Proud to be a lazy sob when it comes to cutting masks. I seem to have misplaced my WD-40, which does a fine job of removing the residue left behind from masks and gives the canopy a nice shine. Once it turns up, I'll give this Ju-87 the treatment. 

The markings are nothing special on this particular aircraft. The instruction sheet is no help, as it gives no information (besides a type history). Standard mid-war camo. This type’s primary job was tank-hunting rather than dive-bombing, and by all accounts it handled the new responsibilities well.

It is nice to have a model come together well, and I’m pretty happy with this one.

This is completed aircraft #496 (13 aircraft, 0 ordnance, 5 vehicles for the year 2018), finished in October of 2018.





No comments:

Post a Comment