Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goals for 2013?

As something of a continuation to the 2012 wrap-up a couple days back, what do I see as my primary goals in 2013?

To be honest, I haven’t really got anything specific. I am not one who has any deep philosophical interest in resolutions, there never having been one that I didn’t break without too much effort. So I generally don’t make any.

My standards (competent), talent (average), and interests (all over the 1:72 scale block) will likely remain the same. I will be influenced to start a model by the weirdest bits of inspiration, be it a magazine article, movie, general interest in a time period, a new decal sheet, or the desire to put together one of my little project groups. I am always going to have deep interests in RAF, USAF, Luftwaffe, and small air forces – roughly in that order – and will always be more interested in building a model of an obscure experimental type than most hot fighter types. I will continue to poke through the detritus of aviation history looking for something new to put on the shelf.

One thing I hope does improve soon is my earning capacity, so I can catch up on the models and books I’ve had to forego until more flush times.

And I do have hopes to return to print in 2013. It’s been almost 10 years since I had some articles published by SAM and SAvMI, but I’ve got one on the boil right now that I can hopefully flog to someone.

But even though I don’t have a plan of types to build, I do want to clear out the backlog from 2012, finishing up the things that were in their final stages in December. I have some items on the Shelf of Shame that need to get finished as well (B-36, Connie, SM-82, C-46). And here, as a teaser, is a stack of boxes that I’ve moved into the hobby room to be started as soon as space on the production line opens up.


No comments:

Post a Comment