Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crash and burn

My computer is doing about as well as my modelling these days. We are currently experiencing a meltdown with a 7 year old Dell laptop that is falling to pieces as we speak. I mean, 7 years is a long time in computer terms, especially a laptop, but with my current income deficiency the timing is not very good. 

In any case, there may be a slight delay while I research, order and install the new laptop. Use of the old one is spotty at best. At least I was able to download all of my documents and photos to a stick. Though I am not a Luddite, this is one of the reasons I have never gotten into digital copies of publications. If your computer (or especially your HDD) fries a few years after you've paid for the magazine or book, you'd have to buy it again. Not interested, at this point. 

The good thing is that once you haven't bought a computer for eons, you get to see the advances in cost/performance that have happened while you were off the market. RAM, HDD, options are all multiple times what our ancient laptop can do. 

Alas, my bookmarks and saved websites are probably not transferable. There are a lot of them. 

When I return online I'll be sure to tell you the recent story of only the second model I have binned mid-construction in my 30 year history of modelling. The previous one was the Roden He-111C, so you know this one must be bad too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment