As the Doomsday Clock ticks down the last few hours of 2017, there is a rush here at the 72 Land imperial production line to complete more models before the deadline. I’ve got two in queue to have their pictures taken and displayed on the blog. There are two more that might slip in under the wire. We’ll see, once we get to the traditional annual statistical review on 1-1-2018.
In the meantime, there are three items that need some paint, so much of recent workbench time was prepping for that.
While the wheel wells for the newest Eurofighter came out fine, the fin exhibited some pooling behavior, which is especially noticeable for Whites and Yellows. So, out came the low-grit sandpaper and part of the fin was buffed down. Along with this, since I have the White out, I’ll shoot another coat onto the Tiger Force Lancaster’s turrets, which just didn’t have the opaqueness that they should have.
Next, I masked up the DHC-1 Chipmunk. The wing and fin tips need to be red as part of the British Airways colors.
Finally, I buffed down the Yellow coat that had pooled rather badly on the J8M1 Shusui. I did a prime job with the last of a spray can of Testors Light Grey. Now it is ready for a coat of prototype Orange – a Gunze color that I picked up somewhere along the way. I have never used their paint line before, so this will likely be an adventure.