Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Hobby Boss Messerschmitt Me-163B (captured RAF)


One of my other series sub-projects is the Me-163 Komet. I always thought it was an interesting device, with a number of variations that would provide a good visual model display. I believe I saw such a model display at the USAF Museum in Dayton OH when I visited there.

I’ve built most of the variants of the Me-163 itself. I think I still have the Special Hobby Me-163C to do, plus I have future plans to upgrade my Me-163A, which was created from a resin kit way back when. There are a couple of earlier Lippisch DFS designs that deserve to be in the lineup as well.

But as to today’s completion. This is a standard Me-163B, but in captured RAF markings. The kit is Hobby Boss, in their easy kit version. Nothing special about the kit; I just never had built one from this line, and the go-to Academy kit seemed to be a bit hard to acquire for some reason. It was easy enough to build, as you would expect.

The markings came from a Rising Decals set of captured German aircraft (RD72057). If you are ambitious, there are also 109s and Ju-88s on the sheet as well. I had no problems with the decals.

In fact, I had no real problems with the model altogether (though I did find out after the fact that I had made something of an error on painting the rudder). Murphy’s Law is a constant on the production line here in 72 Land.

This is completed aircraft #492 (9 aircraft, 0 ordnance, 3 vehicles for the year 2018), finished in June of 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment