Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

2013 IPMS-Seattle Spring Show (part 1 of 3)

The 2013 edition of the IPMS-Seattle Spring Show is wrapping up now, and it was as enjoyable as the others have been. As is always the case with shows, you never really know what is going to appear, and it is always a surprise which categories fill while others are barren.  I have to say that I thought the numbers for 1:72 were slightly down this year - not so much in the single and multiple engine categories, but in the off-the-beaten path categories like commercial and light aircraft. But this was made up for by having some very interesting kits being present. Oh, there were the usual suspects like F4Us and Mustangs, but there were also a nicely done Anigrand Boeing Clipper, a Mach 2 Coronado, a T-45 in anniversary markings, an Emily flying boat, a Roden Staaken, and a scratchbuilt Boeing B-9.

For the next couple of days I will spotlight some of my favorites. Feel free to take a look at the online Photobucket album at http://s958.photobucket.com/user/a172ndguy/library/2013%20IPMS-Seattle%20Spring%20Show

Be advised that there are, in addition to all the 1:72 models, some 1:48 armor I shot for a friend and the occasional 1:35 armor bit that has slipped in. The categories that were uncommonly heavy this year were cars and, of all things, Gundam mechs. Large scale kits were missing in action a the beginning of the day, but by the end of registration had filled in pretty well. Armor seemed maybe a bit down as well. 

There seemed to be a lot of people carrying newly purchased kits, so I have to assume the vendors did all right too. If I get an official number of entries, I'll post it later. Eventually, IPMS-Seattle will have its own set of photos of the entries, including of course the categories I don't pay much attention to. 

My personal favorite - and I should stress that these are all personal favorites, and not necessarily related to their judging value - was an Anigrand Boeing Clipper. 

\
Next is a T-45 Goshawk in 100th anniversary markings.


A Mach 2 Coronado.


And finally for today, a view of the crowd scene. More tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment