Total Pageviews

Friday, June 8, 2018

Busy times (and plans for the future)


I have to apologize for the lack of new content in the last few weeks. Not only has real life intruded in various places (spinal surgery, neuropathy problems in the feet) but planning for a couple of notable events has been ongoing. This Sunday is my son’s delayed wedding reception – 100 people at the wife’s parents farm in Arlington WA. They had planned to hold it outside, but the forecast calls for 80% chance of rain. Always a risk in June here in the Great Northwest.

After that, I’ll be taking a week to drive back to my brother’s house in Los Angeles, by way of Oregon Coast, Lassen, Donner Memorial State Park, and Hwy 395 in CA. I’m returning via Amtrak, something I haven’t done in 15 years. So don’t expect any updates until later in the week of 6-18.

Not that I haven’t been getting modelling work done. Although I have another long paint queue waiting for attention, I have no less than 6 models in the completed column. They just need a writeup and have their photos taken. As I say, that's not likely to happen until after 6-20. The completed models are a Hasegawa Daimler Mk3 armored car, an anniversary RAF Bae Hawk T1, Meng Convair F-102, Trumpeter Textron M1117 ASV, the first of a set of four Italeri Eurofighters in Italian AF anniversary markings, and a Hobbyboss captured RAF Me-163B.

And significant progress has been made on the Mikro-mir Miles Aerovan, Airfix Short Skyvan, and a Fieseler Storch in markings from the 4+ book. The lovely Azur Northrop Gamma still glares at me sullenly from the bench, waiting to have its paint stripping completed. And I’ve started an F-15 (for those wonderful Oregon ANG decals), Wolfpack T-45 (with Tiger markings), AModel AS-1 Kennel bomb and transport cart, and the Avis American Gyro AG-4 Crusader. I even acquired the appropriate Alclad paint for its unusual copper paint finish.

Whew! So at least the content should begin to flow again, once I can push aside real life and make time to write some blog entries! And if that wasn’t enough, we are rapidly approaching another milestone: 100,000 page views! So stay tuned.

In the meantime, here is a photo of Lassen NP. 





No comments:

Post a Comment