It was warm today, but not oppressively hot – that is coming in two weeks, when we again break into the 90s – so I decided to get some painting done.
I wanted to patch some overspray on the Yak-130. Just a couple of spots, but they still had to be taken care of. I didn’t want to remask the whole thing, so just kind of wrapped it in paper towels and carefully exposed the areas that had to be repainted. The only things I masked were areas near to the overspray. Seems to have turned out ok, so I’ll soon get its tires painted and attached. Then it is on to decals.
I spent part of yesterday putting together a Hobbyboss Eurofighter. I believe it is the only 1:72 scale kit of the type that I haven’t built yet. I’ve done the Italeri, Hasegawa, old tool Revell, and I have the new tool Revell in queue. Being a (more or less) easykit, construction wasn’t time consuming, and since I had the White out to patch spots on the Yak-130 I decided I would take advantage of the paint availability and do the wheel wells, wheels, and doors for the Eurofighter.
Another new kit entering the construction queue is the Revell McDonnell F-101B Voodoo, a part of my long-gestating “complete Century Series” project. Somewhere along the line I picked up a pair of resin True Details ejection seats for it, and got the cockpit together. Today I sprayed it with a light grey. Detail painting in the cockpit will be followed by major assembly.
Finally, I put a lower surfaces coat of Azure Blue onto the Egyptian AF Hawker Hurricane. That paint too has developed some lumpy tendencies since the last time I used it. But it is almost gone and is my last tin of Xtracolour Azure Blue. I tend to make a fair amount of desert scheme RAF types, so I’ll need to be scouting for a replacement.