Total Pageviews

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015!

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a thoroughly Merry Christmas! 

Also, an update. I've had the first surgery done in early December, but the doc decided to delay the second one til mid-January. So I'll be a little longer in recovery than I anticipated. The pacemaker / defibrillator has been implanted, but some adjustment needs to be done - one of the leads didn't plant correctly, which has necessitated the second round - and if it is anything like last time, I won't be able to use my left arm for about 2 weeks after the procedure. 

I do have some modelling projects lined up for when I am fully functional: a Platz X-47, the Airfix ragwing Hurricane, and two Eurofighters that will be using anniversary markings from a couple of different Xtradecal sheets. This is addition to what must be a dozen stalled projects that mostly require paint. So I'll be facing down my personal nemesis, the airbrush, most likely in February. Somewhat akin to high noon here in the 72 Land corral. 


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola Kevinn
    que malo lo de tu salud espero que mejores pronto hay muchos modelos por armar!

    Ya veo que tienes dos Hurricanes en la mesa...lo maximo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ricardo. When I get those Hurricanes finished, I'll print a picture of the massed Hurricanes that I already have in the display cabinet. They're one of my series projects - along with Eurofighters in special markings.

      Delete
  3. Well Merry Christmas to you . Best wish's on your second go at attaching the lead and your following recovery.
    Just keep your spirits up and planning on all the projects you will accomplish when your more fully recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you, SR. At least the second surgery doesn't require total anesthesia, just a local and lots of sedation. I actually find it rather fascinating to watch these procedures - just with it was someone else on the table!

      Delete
  4. ..good luck and all the best for a more productive 2016!

    ReplyDelete