Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 20, 2018

IBG GMCanada Otter


My mini-project for wheeled light recon vehicles continues with today’s completion, the GM Canada Otter.

This is the IBG kit. There were portions that were something of a struggle, not least because the kit has an enormous number of very tiny parts. Some were simply unnecessary, and could have been consolidated into fewer parts with very little trouble and a greater level of structural integrity (and avoidance of operator error!) Part of the problem was that this one came at the time when I was rushing the work and making some stupid mistakes. I have since slowed down a bit and am trying to take more meticulous time on the construction.

Plus, I am still experimenting with the amount of weathering I want to do. My natural inclination is to not do too much, given that I think that most armor models are woefully overweathered. If you’re doing a diorama, that is probably justifiable, especially if you are depicted a vehicle that has seen some heavy use. But for the typical display vehicle, I don’t think it is necessary. This Otter may have gone to far, though I can't say it shows up well in the photos. Luckily, I think I struck a more correct balance on the next vehicle that will be crossing the finish line.

This is completed vehicle #21 (18 aircraft, 1 ordnance, 6 vehicles for the year 2018), finished in December of 2018.




No comments:

Post a Comment