Not much happening in the modelling dungeon this week, but I did have a chance to get the canopy of the P-1106 masked and attached to the model. A few more things need to be done before it enters the paint shop: it needs some minor seam work and the landing gear doors will need to be added.
I seem to have found many reasons to delay my return to airbrushing. I'm sure this is discomfort due to my understanding that I'm not terribly good at it. Until you put on the paint the model you are working on is still the best thing you've ever done, after all. The fact that I was having actual mechanical problems with the brush itself earlier this year doesn't help. They seemed to be improving (when I added a new O-ring to the nose) before the summer season hit, but we'll see when I get around to an actual session.
Here is a shot of the current state of the Huma P-1106. I still think it is a great aeronautical shape, no matter what the flight characteristics were projected to be.