I am currently in the process of drying myself off after completing a short paint session. The last couple of days have crept back into the mid-80s, and (as you know) the garage has no air conditioning. So it is a hot and sweaty process. Nonetheless, progress was made. The forecast isn’t giving us any relief whatsoever, since we have a 6-day streak of over 90s, and one upper 90 in the bargain. There are no days under 70 (except for tomorrow) that are under 80. Our purchase of a room A/C unit for the master bedroom is starting to look like the smartest capital outlay we’ve made in a while.
Nothing too exciting in this batch. I got a matte coat on the Stryker, so it will soon be appearing in the completed column. I also got a semi-matte coat on the Yak-130 trainer. Once I strip the canopy masking it will be ready to go as well. It looks like the topcoat covered up some of the silvering of the AModel decals.
Next came a surface Barley Grey for the anniversary Eurofighter. It looked fine afterwards, so it looks like I’ll be able to strip everything but the canopy masking and proceed with adding landing gear and doors.
Finally came two Alclad colours. First a White Aluminum for landing gear and exhausts for various projects (Hurricane, F-101, XP-79) and then an Exhaust Manifold shot for some detailing on the F-101 and Eurofighter exhausts. This is a bit of an experiment, and I’m interested to see how it turns out.
I know the photo of the post-painting below looks very similar to the last couple of entries, but as it turns out the same models have been getting most of the focus lately. Now that I can clear out the Stryker and the Yak-130 (followed, I hope quickly, by a fully decalled Starship), I should have some additional space on the workbench to allow me to concentrate on other projects.