Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Construction: P-47 cockpit

The other kit I started tinkering with was yet another Minicraft P-47 to continue that long-running series. This time it was inspired by a decal sheet I recently picked up from Hannants. The specific sheet is Kits-World 72052, which includes “Eight Nifties” as flown by Clyde Knisely. It too has taken its place in the painting queue for the cockpit.

Right before I posted this, I managed to clean up the seams and mask up the Airfix Lightning for its blue spine. Looks like I'm not going to be able to avoid the paint booth for much longer! 

Like many of you, I prefer musical accompaniment with modelling. Being the Oldest Surviving Metalhead, this generally runs to classic metal bands of the 70s-10s. I recently picked up a deluxe version of a Black Sabbath concert CD (“Past Lives”) which covers a couple of shows in 1970 and 1975 – the second being when I was a newly enrolled college freshman! So that is the soundtrack that has been blasting through my latest modelling sessions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment