Total Pageviews

Friday, March 16, 2018

Academy Kubelwagen


You might remember that I finished a Schwimmwagen in November of 2017. Today’s completion is the land based version of the vehicle, the famous Volkswagen Kubelwagen.

This is the Academy kit, which happened to be packaged with a Fi-156 (which will hopefully be entering the construction queue sometime around summer). It comes with decals for “Otto”, which you have likely seen in photos and previous Kubelwagen kits in other scales.

Like most of the vehicles I’ve built in the last couple of years, construction is simple. It got an overall coat of AK dark yellow (Xtracolour), while the canvas cover was painted more of a tan color for contrast. I had to think about the green mottling on the exterior. With the airbrush and compressor I currently have, there was no way I was going to be able to get a thin enough line for this job. Hence I fell back on a brush. It’s not feathered, but it is probably more representative of the way it should look in 1:72. Besides detailing in the interior, the tires were painted with Tire Black. Decals, matte coat, done.

Another addition to the growing vehicle line. I've included a pic of the Schwimmwagen below as well. 

This is completed vehicle #16 (3 aircraft, 0 ordnance, 1 vehicle for the year 2018), finished in February of 2018.





No comments:

Post a Comment