Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 18, 2018

In the production line pt 1 (T-45, F-15C, Ju-87G, DH-88, DH-91)


I thought before vacation starts I would try and give a recap of the models that are currently in progress on the 72 Land production line.

You’ve seen the results of the latest paint session. The Skyvan still needs its vertical tail surfaces painted in natural metal and have the engines and wheels added before decals can be applied. The Gamma needs wheels and a repair job on the pitot. The Storch really just needs painted wheels and it will be ready for decals (a choice from the 4+ book on the Fi-156 that I bet doesn’t get put into model form very often).

Beyond that, the T-45 is still in the construction phase, and needs a touch of filler on the sides of the intakes.



The F-15C that will carry those extensive Oregon ANG special markings isn’t even as far along as that, with much major construction to go.



The Fujimi Ju-87G is pretty much fully assembled, the cockpit masked, and the lower surfaces painted. I just need to mask up the lower areas and paint the top coats.



I’ve just started work on the AZ Models DeHav DH-88. Just the cockpit, really. I think this one will get Black Magic markings. Now with extra added cat hair! (Sigh).



I’ve received the Avalon paint mask set for the Valom DH-91 Albatros. It will be nice to get that one back into gear; it really is an attractive aircraft. I’ve also gotten a masking set for the Trent Meteor so that project will go back into an active status shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment