Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Lack of new content

For which I must apologize. This just isn't a good time of year for building models, even for the retired like myself. Most days it is just too freakin' hot. It is due to be well into the low 90s today, and for a state without much air conditioning, that means you just find a cool spot to wait it out. 

Plus I've had a flare-up of some health issues that tend to make one not be in the mood to stick plastic together. Lots of stomach things, which I won't go into detail about for those of you with delicate constitutions. 

Next Saturday (8-25) we leave on our annual road trip. Rather restrained this year: mostly northeast Oregon, central Idaho, Yellowstone, Bozeman and Helena. Since I'm still on driving restriction (due to the implanted defibrillator) Sue will have to take over driving duties, and she is not a road warrior behind the wheel like I am. So it is slow, steady, and short (8 days) this year. Still, we do get to drive on some different roads and see some new places, as well as visit a few old favorites. One never gets tired of Yellowstone. 

So never fear, the 72 Land production line will re-awaken once the leaves start changing color and that autumn chill gets back into the air. As always, I have a lot of items in process, and will summarize where those are after we get back in town. 

So for those of you with central air, the time has come to build something! 


2 comments:

  1. I sympathize and understand you heat. So just rest up get better and take your self off the movies, library, where ever the AC is on and "chill out". Get better my friend and re-read those model magazines till it cools down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully we are now in September and the temps have reverted back (mostly) to the 70s. I don't know how I handled Southern CA in the 70s and early 80s to be honest! I remember during the summer of 82 it got to 116 in Brea (where I was living at the time); that, more than anything else, made my wife and I decide that WA was the place to go!

    ReplyDelete