All hail! The exalted and glorious leader of 72 Land has returned to his people.
We are back from our expedition through the western United States, visiting many places that we have been to a number of times before. But it felt good to get out on the open road again, something we haven’t been able to do for almost 8 years. The scenery was spectacular, the weather was dry (but hot), and we were able to spot some wildlife.
But it wouldn’t be one of our trips without the occasional disaster. This included a tire blowout on the first full day of the trip, fires in Grand Teton that closed the road into the park and actually caused the campground we had planned to stay in to be evacuated, tripping on a trail in Yellowstone that destroyed my right knee for much of the trip, and other such adventures. Wouldn’t trade the experience for anything, though. We’ve already begun consideration for next year’s extravaganza.
Here are a few random photos.
1. Smoke streaming up from the Madison fire in Yellowstone.
3. Antelope in a cemetary of all places.
4. Bull buffalo in Custer state park.
5. Wild burro in Custer state park.
6. Prairie dog (actually at the Dakota Zoo).
7. Space Aliens Grill in Bismarck ND. Great wood-fired pizza.
8. Buffalo in Theodore Roosevelt NP.