Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 21, 2018

2018 IPMS-Seattle Spring Show (part 1 of 5)

Another Seattle Spring Show is in the books, and I suspect it set another record for attendance and models, though I won't know that until I get the statistics in another few days. But it was definitely crowded from walk-ins and the 1:72 tables were packed as well. 

Now, all of you know that I will be a 1:72 guy until the day I am loaded into my 1:72 scale coffin, but even I have to admit that the most impressive model at the show was a 1:32 version of the XB-70. The thing was bloody huge and very well done. If it started life as a Combat vac, the work is even more impressive. I do hope it was as least in contention for best model, or at least best in category. 

Types chosen in 1:72 were decently diverse this year, though there were the usual high numbers of 109s, 190s, and Spits. Quality, I have to say, was pretty high up there as well. Not many obvious dogs on the tables. In all, I think the Seattle team can be justly proud of another well-run, well-attended model show. 

For the next few days, I'll be running a selection of my favorites each day. This isn't meant to be the "best" in the categories; my choice is always eclectic and follows no easily discernible standards! Below are Anigrand XB-51, Anigrand A-12 Flying Dorito, Special Hobby B-18 Bolo, AModel Beech 1900, Mistel, and Special Hobby Me-264.







If you want to see the entire gallery: 2018 Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment