Another marathon paint session last night which allowed me to catch up with most of the paint queue. Next comes some masking on the Eurofighter nose radomes and the two Spit 1s so that they can take their place in the line.
Though the airbrush does continue to be a bit cranky at times, it is mostly behaving itself. There was one incident of operator error that I found to be very frustrating. It was on the Hurricane that will be done up in Operation Torch markings, so I was shooting a color coat of EDS Grey onto the upper surfaces. Any intelligent human would have had a dowel stuck into the propeller hole in the front of the aircraft in order to hold it while spraying. Alas, I apparently do not qualify, so I was trying to hold it by tail surfaces until the time came to put the model onto a piece of cardboard and shoot the tail. Needless to say, the thing slipped out of my hands, got EDS grey onto the lower surfaces as well as causing some damage to the still wet paint. In trying to quickly get the grey off of the ventral surface, the Sky paint came up. So it will need a Sky respray as well as an EDS respray. Hopefully a lesson learned for the future: I am a spaz and should not be trusted with holding on to a model in the process of being airbrushed.
Beyond the painting session, some construction was also completed. I've now got landing gear and wheels on both the X-47 and the B-26. Decals will be next, then a final bit of attaching fiddly bits like antennae and landing gear doors.
I do have the first couple of completions for 2016 in hand, and as soon as I try to rebuild my photo setup (which was disbursed and probably misplaced during the Great House Refresh of early 2015) I will get them photographed and posted. My goal is to get this done before 1-27, which is when I go back in for the follow-up surgery to repair the pacemaker/defibrillator leads.