Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Emerging on the other side

Just a quick note to let everyone know that yesterday's surgery was a success, with all three leads properly seated and functioning. I was discharged late this morning (1-28-2016). I will be in a left-arm sling for 3 or 4 weeks, so this will have some impact on modelling. This being the second go-round, I have a bit more experience with the sling's limitations. Decalling can probably be done, construction depends on complexity, but airbrushing is liable to be on hold for a bit. 

As it has been a while since I have been able to go get a hair trim, and I'm forbidden to shower for 4 days (not good to get a new incision wet), I am starting to look like Howard Hughes in his later stages, not including the rows of urine jars of course. We're looking to get that taken care of in mid to late February - my wife exchanges book keeping services for hair work with the owner of a salon, but it is physically located about 30 miles away and we don't get out that way too often. 

But in general I am feeling pretty good, and am looking forward to a few days of Blu Ray movies, reading, and some surreptitious modelling sessions. So we will be returning to our regularly scheduled story of modelling mishaps and disasters shortly! 


4 comments:

  1. all the best for a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your now in "better", if not yet, fine fettle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gents. For my sins, I even tried getting an airbrush session in last night. More on that shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're on the mend. With only one arm/hand available, just work on one side of the aircraft at a time!

    ReplyDelete