Just a bit of construction and painting to note before I return to clearing out the backlog of 2016 completions.
The main thing was putting on a surface coat for the RLM71 on the topside of the Ju-287. This is the one whose paint had given me fits while applying the color coat a couple of weeks back. Prior to the paint session I buffed the upper surfaces down until it was sufficiently smooth and thinned the Xtracolour RLM71 quite drastically. This time there was no issue whatsoever; the paint went on smooth and spatter-free. The only reason I am not unmasking it at this moment is that I discovered the wheel spats were not completely covered, so I'll need to go back one more time to clean those up. Then I'll be reattaching the front wheels (which came off during the masking process) and apply the decals.
The rest of the paint session was mostly small items. A set of props for the Bv-222 in RLM70, which I also used for the wheel hubs on the support/loading trailer for the Tsar Bomb, as well as props and engines for the B-17G.