Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Construction progress on the DH-91


As I prepare for the next painting session, I thought I would show the state of the Valom DH-91 airliner. All of the major construction is complete. However, there is a lot of PSR in this model’s future. Issues range from a bit of part slippage while under pressure to let the glue cure, and simple lack of good parts fit. Nothing that is unusual for a Valom kit, but it will need some attention before I get this one painted – especially given the fact that this will be sporting a NMF.

The Valom B-45 and Harrow are both in the short finals queue. As will the Twin Pioneer when it is released. Valom does have a good sense for kitting subjects that I would like to build!

As I start to clear out some space as models get finished, I’ve designated a few kits as joining the construction queue. There have also been some new acquisitions, which I’ll get to in a few days. I’ve also bought a photo tent to try and improve the completion pictures. Once I get it unpacked and set up I’ll do a post on it.

And my wife goes in for foot surgery on 10-22, so new material might be a little sparse in the next week. Sometimes a thing like that actually gets me to spend some time on hobbies (since I’ve basically cleared out as much time as possible to deal with the surgery and the fact that Sue can’t get out of bed for a week). We’ll see how it all develops. It isn’t me for a change going under the knife, so there is that novelty at least. 

You can definitely see some of the gaps to be dealt with, mostly on the underside of the aircraft. 




1 comment:

  1. Well Good job so far. Are you Sure the underside gaps weren't a provision by DH as an advanced aeronautical test phase, then removed on future production models? 😁 Regardless, god luck on yer "fillin' an gluein' " Oh, best to Sue as well

    ReplyDelete