Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Paint session (T-45, F-15C, AG-4, Ki-98)


Since I wanted to reduce the size of the painting session (ie, the number of colors used, and therefore the number of times the airbrush must be cleaned and reloaded) I decided to do a small session this afternoon. We are back to consistent rain here in the great Northwest, and it provided a nice soothing backdrop just outside the garage. Luckily I was inside the garage.

First was the matte top coat for two models that are now crossing the finish line: the Raduga AS-1 Kennel missile and the MXY7 Ohka from Brengun. The missile, like many of the early AModel kits, was a bit of personal combat most of the way through, but the Ohka behaved itself generally. Writeups coming soon.

The F-15C and the T-45 both needed their wheel wells painted White. In addition, the Goshawk gets a (mostly) overall coat of White. The nose is Black, in keeping with the decals I’ve chosen. Lots of landing gear got the White treatment as well.

The Avis AG-4 Crusader got a repair coat of Black to get it ready for the Alclad Copper. I think I will still buff it down a bit more; NMFs are a tricky thing to pull off, even with an odd color like copper. 

Finally, the Meng Ki-98 had the Yellow leading edges masked off and IJAAF Green applied to the upper surfaces. Lots more detail painting to come before this one is ready for decals. I already painted the landing gear the last time I had Alclad Aluminum in the airbrush.

I had planned to start using the new photo tent for this sort of photo, but I decided that there just was no remaining space in the hobby room, especially since the new cat and her toys are spending most of the time in there. So I ordered a card table from Amazon, which is due to arrive on Friday (10-26-2018). It will take some time to learn the intricacies of using this new device, but I'll take some photos as soon as I get it set up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment