Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2018

Paint prep (Skyvan, Ju-87G, AS-1, Sdkfz 222)


After my public whine session last time, I thought I would recap the pre-paint work that has gone on prior to the next paint session. It has taken a long time to get this session together. 

The Short Skyvan is pretty much finished and now awaits a matte top coat. This is a Two-Six set that covers Gulf Air. I do wonder how difficult it will be to remove the paint masks for this one. We'll see. 

The Ju-87G has been all masked up and is ready for the RLM71 camo coat.

For the Noorduyn Norseman on floats, I’ve finally gotten the leading edges and engine masked for the Intl Orange paint. This has become a big of a hangar queen, so it will be nice to progress it down the line.

The Sdfkz 222 light recon vehicle is now all together. Not sure I like how the mesh lid turned out, but that may just be down to the fact that I don’t own any photoetch bending equipment and had to do it by hand. I so rarely use PE and never anything that requires a lot of bending, so it just isn’t cost effective to have that sort of tool on hand.

And of course the two IJN fighters will be getting their cockpit color.



1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, all is forgiven---now that you showed us some progress😁
    p.s. the work looks just fine.

    ReplyDelete