Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Paint session (Tilly, Mc-200, CR-25)


The latest painting session came after I had moved all the trash barrels out to the street and decided that since I was in the garage anyway, why not? Impulse is the particular province of the retired.

Mostly it was routine stuff that I did today. I wanted to get the front exhaust ring on the Mc-200 painted, since I wanted to stop thinking about the complex masking job around all those raised engine areas on the cowling. But it seemed to go fine. Next comes painting the engine disk itself and adding the landing gear.

I decided to use X116 Green for the engine nacelles on the Fiat CR-25. It also seemed a decent match for the upper surfaces of the I-16 Rata, so since the airbrush was loaded I went ahead and shot that as well. Both seemed to be smooth.

There were matte topcoats to be done for two now-complete models. I’m running a bit behind on getting the most recent completions written up but should be able to catch up before the end of March.





No comments:

Post a Comment