Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 2, 2019

New display case


Below is a photo of the first Detolf display case from Ikea. For as long as it took me to get the thing assembled, it certainly didn’t take as long to fill it up! It barely made a dent in the flat cases I am trying to empty as part of the grand basement/garage remodel. Still, it does provided a place for models to go in The Big Plan.

That doesn’t mean I will be slacking on replacing the wooden shelves in the horizontal display cases with glass. In fact, this will become essential if I am going to get all these 500+ models under cover to minimize dust invasion. More shelves spaced closer together means more total square footage to place models onto. And for the horizontal cases, I don’t have the same footprint size restrictions as in the tall displays, so that is where most of the bomber, transport, and commercial aircraft will end up.



No comments:

Post a Comment